Topics to Explore

Sunday, January 30, 2011

So, if you have never heard of Groupon you really should check out the website. Brett and I follow about 3 different "deals" websites but Groupon has been my favorite. Today, I participated in a very useful Groupon that I purchased.

For $49 I got to attend a $125 dollar photography class with Chimpsy Photography School here in Denver. It was a 2 hour class where we learned about the basics of our DSLR cameras! I did it with a girlfriend here and it was a lot of fun. Plus, we learned a lot! I had been using all the settings and techniques that we practiced but I learned some extra very important skills as well. The owner, Mike Cafiero, is a wedding photographer as well as teacher. He was very helpful, patient and very clear in his explanations! Here are some photos from our practice!

Utilizing the cool buildings in Denver

Denver has some great architecture

Practice blurring the background

Capturing details

Focusing on something and blurring the background

The great thing about Groupon is that they send you a daily email with the deals so you don't have to bother remembering going to their website everyday! It is also a great way to try something new for a great value! I already signed up for the second class in the series at Chimpsy, so I am excited to see what I can learn!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

JLM said...

Hi Kate!

I love the blog and reading about your adventures in Denver. I actually applied to a job in Denver a few months ago and who knows, maybe in a few months they will call my name. I love groupon... the Phoenix one is pretty good and my friends just took advantage of the 60% off skydiving one over here. I bought a few as well for smaller deals. I also think woot.com is pretty funny and I highly recommend salecamel.com for sports and outdoors stuff - bought a bunch of my hiking gear here... anyways, I just wanted to say that I hope you are doing well and I love reading your blog updates :) take care of you.