Topics to Explore

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let's Talk Dinner!!!

Going into dinner tonight I was not very inspired but after one look in my fridge and a small assessment of what I actually had and could put together to make a meal I came up with one of my new favorite dinners!!!!


I took some turkey and quinoa meatloaf I had frozen from my last batch, defrosted it overnight in the fridge, shaped it into patties and Brett grilled them with his killer skills that he learned in our Burgers and Brew cooking class!  I then decided to make a salad out of fresh veggies (spinach, corn, tomatoes, green onions, red onion) added some black beans, sauteed mushrooms and red onion rings, homemade croutons from the bread shown below and my super yummy pesto balsamic dressing!!! WHOOOOO weeeee, it was so delicious!

 I had also put some white wine in the frige a little late so it was not cold for dinner! Since I am not above ice cubes in my wine (but was unfortunately out) I decided to throw in some frozen strawberries! As they defrosted they gave the wine a yummy fruity taste!

I got this really cool recipe from a friend and I made my frist loaf of homemade bread! Um, it was out of this world and so easy! It's from this book. Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking! I also made a cheddar jalapeno loaf but forgot to take a picture! It is now gone (note, I made it last night at 10 pm) because Brett loved it so much so I will be making another one tonight! Pictures to come!

No comments: